Resources for Health Professionals
Resources available on this page are:
Click on the links below to be taken to the resources:
The NI Breast Screening Programme has produced the following films:
- Breast Screening Information Film – Click Here
The video is also available in.
British Sign Language – Click Here
Irish Sign Language – Click Here
Subtitled Version – Click Here
Video for Women with Learning Disabilities (External) – Click here
The film can be watched in full, or in short segments, showing different aspects of the screening journey.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist team at Avon Breast Screening has in collaboration with Biggerhouse film, produced a film by and for women with learning disabilities, to take the fear out of going for breast screening.
This is a breast screening film for women with learning disabilities, showing clearly what happens during the process of having a mammogram. Whilst breast screening is always an individual choice, the film is intended to take the fear out of going for breast screening and encourage women with learning disabilities to come and have the test.
- An Easy Guide to Breast Screening – Click Here
The charity Beyond Words has published a wordless picture story.
- NI Breast Screening Programme Leaflets – Click Here
- Breast Screening Pre-Screen Checklist – Click Here
- Frequently Asked Questions – Click Here
- Information for national Standards for health professionals, managers and commissioners working in the NHS breast screening programme – Click Here
- Breast Screening: interval cancers and duty of candour toolkit – Click Here
- Breast Screening Interval Cancers – Click Here